Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Unchained

Van Halen is back! You're from Mars if you don't want to catch this show. Oh wait, no Michael Anthony? Eddie might be out of rehab but I still think he's got a screw loose. Is that such a good idea to break up the line up like that? Is Wolfgang Van Halen gonna be able to compete with MA's back up vocal stylings? Anyway, I'll be at the LA show in November. I think some or all of the tickets go on sale this weekend so get on the horn post haste. I think I might be more excited to see the people who show up to this thing. We are in Van Halen country here in LA. A few years ago I went to see Iron Maiden, Dio and Motorhead and the people watching was so intense my head almost exploded. Anyway, this dude Darian I work with claims there is still a wall in Pasadena that has Van Halen Country painted on it. He's gonna try get a pic and I'll post that up with quickness when it arrives. Until then check out the VAN HALEN website for details and enjoy this little performance by Van Lee Roth below. Most of it is from Pasadena High School in 1975 and then goes into some covers from probably around the same time, then some stuff that sounds a bit later. The quality sucks but these dudes are seriously shredding shit here so make sure you give it a chance and listen all the way through, at least through the covers.

VAN HALEN - Pasadena High School 1975


Check Diamond Dave getting radical!

2 comments:

Saidahb said...

OH HELLS YES, I will be all over those tix.
Diamond Dave RULES.

And dude, wtf? An all-Pubes blog... holla! Soooo added you to my Google Reader!

the pubes said...

Ah yeah, Saidah knows the importance of Van Halen and the need for a blog all about me! Don't ever change Saidah.